With the sun still shining and another week of crazy hot weather ahead of us its time to discuss SPF. You know the stuff, prevents sun burn and premature ageing.
Well I am not a fan of SPF in my skincare. It takes up the quality side of the ingredients so the product itself is pretty cheap and weak without the SPF in.
SPF can also clog the pores if not removed properly so controlling when to wear sunscreen is your best bet.
Enter La Roche Posay Dry Touch Gel-Creme this SPF is designed to be a facial sunscreen for oiler skins, it has both UVA and UVB protection and is non comedogenic which is handy for preventing clogged pores post application.
Since the weather has been so hot and bright I have worn this when I leave the house under my makeup. I have not had any breakouts as a result and it really does have a dry touch feel unlike your classic sunscreen. This SPF would be great if you are traveling to a hot humid country as it would help mattify your face upon application. It is also water resistant so should hold up temporally in the pool.
Finally there is no sent to this formula so no irritation form nasties in the sun.
Now a couple of tips to keep you protected from the sun this summer,
1) Make sure you apply sun protection to your neck and chest as well as the face. If not you may wind up with a neck that is much older looking and a wrinkly chest.
2) Reapply if you are out in the sun all day. Just because you dont see it wearing away does not mean its still in place. Treat it as you would your makeup and touch up during the day.
3) Apply your moisturiser first. That way your skin gets what it needs. SPF under moisturiser is pointless as the skin will not be able to absorb it.
4) Try to stay out of the sun at peak heat times between 11-3.
5) Dont forget the rest of your body!
p.s. Dont for get to double cleanse on the night post SPF removal