Wednesday 22 May 2013

Glossybox May 2013 Review

Glossybox May 2013 Review



This month celebrates the second birthday for glossybox, for me this was a free box as I had built up my Glossydots (and extra fab as arrived the day before my birthday!) 
Glossybox have been celebrating their birthday with competitions and even a party in covent garden with free box for their local fans (sob, I live in birmingham)

Right the news letter, not majorly impressed, I wish they would give a bit more input to this, for instance the mixing medium I will go onto, there could of been information on the company, examples of how the glossybox team get use out of it, I could go on and on.

The items, firstly there is Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes, now I am fan of JPP already so was more than happy to see this in my box and at just the right time when my Clinique Mascara has decided no more! 
Upon trying this out it goes on glossy and give a natural finish but I did feel I needed a couple of coats to achieve a lengthy fluttery look. My lashes didn't flake and did last till the end of the day with each use so far. My only negative is £15 is quite steep when you cant really get offers, discounts etc with JPP.

Next was a nail varnish called "Headline Colours" I received the gold shade called Glamour which is not really a colour I would wear, but with the nail art we have floating around at the moment I can still put into good use with polka dots, stripes etc. This nail polish lasted well, without a topcoat took a full day to chip, (I must add im a very hands on mummy with lots of washing up!)

The item I was least interested in was a body lotion called Stone Beauty, the packaging looked like a label i could print off my self and the sent instantly made me feel ill. I was given the sent pomegranate-noir and I have to say I did not find it remotely pleasant. The texture was nice kind of air whipped and fluffy and I also liked that this company hand make the products. The products  are not tested on animals and have no nasties in the ingredients. I think if I received a different sent I would of felt completely different but for now I will say I would not be looking to invest.

I was very interested in the next item, Beautiful Movements, Prime and Mixing Medium I saw a spoiler for this before my box came so already had my MAC pigments at the ready to test it out. For a primer I found it did not make any difference to my skin, however being an oily girl I find it hard to find primers that dont get affected by my skin. As a mixing medium it was good, the pigments mixed evenly and i didn't notice any smudging of fading during the day. I was not really impressed with the size of the sample though. if i used daily would not last me a couple of weeks of liner alone. 

Finally what I considered the best product of the box La Roche-Posay, Anthelios SPF 50+ Dry Touch Gel-Cream This was a full size product and I found it great, love the level of SPF and found it didnt affect my skin increasing oiliness or going on my skin greasy, no stickiness, no real sent. I think this is a prefect sun protection product for me. I will be repurchasing this when I run dry! 

In all I would not say this is the best glossybox Ive had in recent months but I have found products I am impressed with and would repurchase so I think Glossybox will returning to my home for another month!

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment